Developing Cultural Intelligence
The Developing Cultural Intelligence (CQ) engagement goes beyond improving cultural awareness, it gives you the skills needed to leverage diversity that foster innovation, creativity and empathy in a complex, interconnected world. We unpack the 4 skills needed to be effective when working and relating with people from different genders, race, ethnicity, generations and more.
Cultural Intelligence begins with four distinct capabilities namely:
- CQ Drive (motivation), the person’s interest confidence in functioning effectively in culturally diverse settings.
- CQ Knowledge (cognition), is the degree to which you understand how culture influences how people think and behave and your level of familiarity with how cultures are similar and different.
- CQ Strategy (meta-cognition), is the extent to which you are aware of what’s going on in multicultural situations and the extent to which you check and plan accordingly.
- CQ Action (behavior), is the extent to which you act appropriately in culturally diverse settings. It includes your flexibility in verbal and nonverbal behaviors and your ability to adapt to different cultural norms.
In addition, we look at how cultural values impact the workplace and give participants strategies that will help them be more effective when interacting with different cultures. This blended-learning program will equip participants with proven strategies for applying CQ to any multicultural context and leverage off the diversity therein to improve equity and make the organisation more inclusive. Following completion of this program, which can be presented in person and/or online in a half-day or full-day format participants will have gained skills in:
- Self-awareness of how culture influences your interactions with others.
- Understanding how to develop and apply CQ with yourself and others.
- Effectiveness working with multicultural colleagues and customers.
What’s Your CQ? Participant guide.
Case Study. CQ Pro Assessment & Feedback Report
MYCQ™ e-learning course (Optional). Certificate of Completion that can be shared and added to your social media accounts Digital Badge to validate your accomplishments. Showcase your digital badge on your email, resume, and social media accounts!
Group CQ Report.
THE CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE DIFFERENCE book (Optional).